Resources to Help You Find and Get a Job
Đang chơi bài from the U.S. Department of Labor offers information that can help you:
- Search your state to locate job openings in your area.
- Learn about hundreds of career fields. Find information on educational requirements, growth rates, median pay, and more.
Đang chơi bài - Locate Department of Labor programs and services near you.
- Learn how to use to get a job with the federal government.
Jobs for Teens and Young Adults
Đang chơi bài (for grades K-12).
Đang chơi bài If you’re age 16 to 24, is for you. It has resources to help you:
Finish high school
Explore career options
Đang chơi bàiSearch and apply for jobs
Đang chơi bài There’s a special section on support for young people who:
Struggle with addiction
Have a criminal record
Đang chơi bàiHave children
Need help with housing
Face other challenges
- , a free educational and vocational training program. It helps low income people ages 16 through 24 learn a trade, earn a high school diploma or GED, and get help finding a job.
Jobs for Older Workers
The Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) offers . The program provides training for low-income, unemployed seniors.
If you're an CareerOneStop offers tips that may help.
Jobs for Laid-off Workers
If you have recently lost your job, visit CareerOneStop's section. It has information on job searching, benefits, and training options after a layoff.
Job Information and Resources for Women
Đang chơi bàiFind information about and for women in the workforce at the . The has information about :
- Equal pay
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Hiring women in construction
Avoid Job Scams
While some companies want to help you find a job, others are more interested in taking your money. Learn how to recognize scams and file a complaint:
- and how to avoid them
- If you were scammed, you can or call the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Work from Home
Đang chơi bàiAre you thinking about basing your business out of your home? The Small Business Administration's includes the licenses and permits you need to run a home-based business.
Home Office Deduction
Đang chơi bàiIf you use a portion of your home for business, you may be able to take a .
Learn what to watch out for to . In one common scam, you may be tricked into paying to . These scammers will keep asking you to send money for more services related to this fake business opportunity. To file a complaint about a scam, .
Federal Government Telework Guidelines
Đang chơi bàiIf you’re a federal employee looking for information on teleworking, visit .
Note: The federal government never charges a fee for information about, or applications for, government jobs. You can search and apply for federal government jobs for free at .can help you:
Assess your job skills and see how they apply to civilian jobs
Đang chơi bàiLearn about education and training options like certifications, apprenticeships, and licensing
Đang chơi bàiBuild your job-search skills
Đang chơi bàiFind government benefits including unemployment compensation for ex-service members
connects you to information and resources to:
Find work as a vet with a service-connected disability
Get educational and career counseling
Đang chơi bàiStart or grow your own business
Đang chơi bàiFind Department of Labor resources for vets and military spouses
The helps active duty and vets. It's for those whose service-connected disability impacts their ability to work. It can help you find new work, return to your old job, or start a business. It provides help with:
Đang chơi bàiJob accommodations
Job-seeking skills coaching
Đang chơi bàiCareer counseling
Đang chơi bàiStarting your own business
Independent living services for vets with severe disabilities
from the Department of Labor connects to information on:
Federal government hiring for vets
Careers with the departments of Agriculture, Energy, Transportation, and Homeland Security
Đang chơi bàiEmployment resources by state
Interstate occupational license recognition options for military spouses. Learn what it will take to get licensed in your new state when you transfer.
Find Federal Jobs for Veterans
These government websites can help vets find federal jobs.
Đang chơi bàiThe federal hiring process
Đang chơi bàiHow veterans preference works to give vets the advantage over other applicants
Special hiring authorities for veterans
Đang chơi bài has virtual job boards for Department of Veterans Affairs, federal, and civilian openings.
Đang chơi bài offers guidance on veterans' preference in federal hiring.
Đang chơi bàihelps service members and veterans find high-skill, good-paying apprenticeships.
Federal Government Employment walks you through the steps to apply for a job on USAJOBS. USAJOBS is the federal government's jobs portal.
If you plan to go to college or a vocational school, learn about your educational benefits..
- Develop job skills
- Conduct a job search
- Prepare for interviews
Find a Job
- trains Social Security disability recipients age 18 - 64 who want to work. It's free and voluntary.
- helps people who are blind or have significant disabilities find jobs. Job openings are with nonprofit agencies nationwide.
- The federal government has many jobs open to people with disabilities.
Job Help for Young Workers
- Find .
- Check out . It's a free residential education and job training program for young adults. It accommodates participants age 18-24 with disabilities.
Job Help for Veterans
- Take advantage of the . It offers help with:
- Job training
- Employment accommodations
- Resume development
- Job-seeking skills
- Find more . These include:
- Help starting your own business
- Qualifying for a hiring preference with the federal government
Learn About Your Rights
- helps you:
- Get answers to your questions about workplace accommodations
- Learn about your rights under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Visit the Office of Disability Employment Policy website. It explains the .
- Topics include:
- Accommodation for your disability
- Protection against harassment and discrimination
Đang chơi bàiUse the to find:
Đang chơi bàiThe visa you need
Đang chơi bàiThe application process
Estimated wait time for a visa interview
Your Rights and Protections as a Temporary Foreign Worker
As a temporary foreign worker in the U.S., you will not be denied a visa or be punished by the U.S. government because you have exercised your rights under U.S. laws.
Đang chơi bàiIf you of your work visa, it could be revoked. You could be deported, arrested, or denied re-entry into the U.S.
If you think you or someone you know is being brought to the U.S. for human trafficking, .
If you’re in the U.S. and have questions about visas and immigration, visit the . If you’re in another country, contact your nearest .
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Last Updated: July 23, 2020