- Use this tool to determine if a school is the right fit for you based on cost, student body, the value of your degree, and more.
Some schools may sound good but might not be accepted by the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Postsecondary Education (OPE).
Trade or Technical Schools
Đang chơi bàiYou may choose to earn a certificate, degree, or diploma from a career trade or technical school that will train you for a specific career, trade, or profession.
Military Colleges and Academies
There are many benefits to pursuing an education through a military academy or college. The five service academies offer a fully-funded tuition that includes books, housing and medical and dental care. Graduates of all academies receive a Bachelor of Science degree and are commissioned as officers in their respective service branches. Learn more about .Đang chơi bài may help you control your college costs. If you are interested in more than one school, learning may help you narrow your list of choices.
Different Ways to Pay for College
There are many ways to help pay for your college education:
- Federal student aid - The federal government offers financial aid programs, many of which do not require repayment. To apply, .
- State student aid - Even if you're not eligible for federal aid, you can still apply for financial aid from your state. Contact your for more information on eligibility and deadlines.
- Your college or career school - Many institutions offer financial aid from their own funds. They may use your FAFSA information to determine whether you qualify for their aid. To find out what might be available to you, contact your school’s financial aid office.
- Organizations, nonprofits, or private companies - You may qualify for . Some may accept your FAFSA information, but most have their own applications. This form of aid may be available for students who do not qualify for federal aid.
- Other Resources from the Federal Government - Besides aid from the U.S. Department of Education, .
- Veterans and Military Service Member Benefits - Find many .
- Student Loans - Learn about federal and private student loans.
- Savings Plans - Many state governments have created 529 plans with tax advantages that make it easier for families to save for their child’s education.
Đang chơi bàiVisit to learn about the plans available in each state.to find local programs.
If you are concerned that you might have been scammed or overcharged by an ESL program, contact the to file a complaint.or your local school board are your best resources for telling you about nearby programs and answering questions about state educational rights laws for people with disabilities.
An is a plan developed by a child’s educators and parents to meet that child’s specific educational needs. It’s a foundational part of the , which guarantees a free, appropriate public education to eligible children with disabilities.
Đang chơi bàiCollege-bound students with intellectual disabilities may be eligible for financial aid programs including Pell Grants and Federal Work-Study programs. The has specific information on loans, grants, and scholarships, and how to apply.
Contact the school you want to attend for additional information on special programs for people with disabilities.
Title II of the Americans with Disabilities ActĐang chơi bài applies to public schools, universities, and libraries.
Both laws forbid discrimination against people with disabilities. for students attending public schools.
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
applies to students in grades K-12.
Đang chơi bàiIt guarantees their right to a free, appropriate public education.
Đang chơi bàiIt calls for the creation of an for each child.
Students with Disabilities at College or Technical School
Students must notify their school and document their needs.
Đang chơi bàiSchools must provide tools and modifications to help students take part in class. For example, a school may offer course reading material in Braille.
Disability Discrimination in Education
If you feel a school has discriminated against you or your child, you can:
with the Department of Education's Office of Civil Rights.
Đang chơi bài or school district.
Đang chơi bàiYou may contact the OIG by:
- Calling 1-800-MIS-USED (1-800-647-8733). Hours of Operation: Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 9 AM to 11 AM ET, and Tuesday and Thursday 1 PM to 3 PM. ET, except federal holidays.
- Downloading the . After completing it, mail or fax it to:
Inspector General's Hotline
Office of Inspector General
U.S. Department of Education
400 Maryland Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20202-1500
Fax: (202) 245-7047
Financial Aid Complaints
If you have done everything you can to resolve a student loan issue, use the contact form from the to help you resolve student loan complaints. They will work with you and the lender after you have tried other avenues to resolve your issue.
Special Education or Civil Rights Complaints
The Department of Education's enforces several federal civil rights laws that prohibit discrimination in programs or activities that receive federal financial assistance from the Department of Education. Contact their office at 1-800-421-3481.. If you’re a , you may be eligible too.
Đang chơi bài and other education programs.
Compare schools with the .
Forever GI Bill
Đang chơi bàiThe makes big changes to many veterans education benefits. Most changes expand or improve upon existing benefits. Highlights include:
to people who lost them because their school closed
Đang chơi bàiEliminating the 15-year time limit for those who left active duty on or after January 1, 2013
Many other changes are in effect or coming. See a detailed list of .
Military Tuition Assistance
If you're in the military now, your unit may pay for your tuition if you attend college in your off-duty time.
Đang chơi bàiLearn about the .
and help you make the best use of your tuition assistance dollars.
Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOC)
Đang chơi bàiFrequent military transfers can be a roadblock to getting your degree. But can help. These civilian colleges and universities:
Simplify credit transfers
Reduce the number of credits you must earn at their school to get a degree
Đang chơi bàiGive classes on or near military installations in the U.S., overseas, and on military ships
Offer distance learning programs
Đang chơi bàiOffer degrees that match your military job
Are open to service members and their families
Đang chơi bàiFor more information, talk to your unit's education officer.
Military Spouse Tuition Assistance
If you’re a military spouse, you can find help paying for college or vocational training too. There are a variety of scholarships, grants, and interest-free loans. Find sources of .
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Last Updated: December 2, 2020