Skip to main content

Importing and Exporting

Learn how to start importing or exporting.



Imports are any resources, goods, or services that producers in one country sell to buyers in another country. CBP offers , including those who have recently started importing or who would like to know more about the process.

Some types of goods and services require a license or permit to importĐang chơi bài into the U.S. as a part of your business.


Exports are any resources, intermediate goods, or final goods or services that a buyer in one country purchases from a seller in another country. provides tools, assistance, and expert knowledge to help your company grow in the global marketplace.

Depending on the good or service, you may need a license or permit to export it from the U.S. as a part of your business.

describe the types of items that may require a license or permit, with contact information for the related agency.
  • Contact the you’ll use to import your goods for import requirements and other information about the process.
  • Even if you do not need an import license, you must fill out within 15 calendar days of the date that your shipment arrives at a U.S. port of entry. Make sure to provide your importer number on all these forms.
    • Your importer number is your . If you do not have this number or you do not own a business, then your importer number is your .
    • You may also request a CBP assigned number by completing and presenting it to the entry branch at a .
  • to find out whether you need an export license for your product.  

    Đang chơi bàiTo avoid any problems, follow the or contact the used to export your goods.

    Share This Page:

    Do you have a question?

    Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.

    Đang chơi bàiLast Updated: April 8, 2019