- Register online. This is available for .
- Download the . You can fill it out onscreen and print the completed form, or print the blank form and fill it out by hand. Remember to sign the form before mailing it to the location listed for your state.
- Find guidance for states and territories with different registration procedures.
Register to Vote in Person
You can register in person with your state or local election office. You may also be able to register at one of these nearby public facilities. Check with the actual location first.
- The department of motor vehicles
- State and county public assistance offices such as and
Overseas and Military Voters
The Federal Voting Assistance Program lets you register to vote and request an absentee ballot if you're a
- U.S. citizen living outside the U.S.
- Service member stationed overseas
- Spouse or eligible family member of a service member stationed overseas
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Last Updated: September 14, 2020