Skip to main content

Visa Status, Renewals, or Problems

Đang chơi bàiFind out how to check your visa status and how you can renew, extend or change a visa. If your visa or arrival/departure record is lost or stolen, find information on what steps to take for getting another one. Also, learn what you can do if your visa application is denied.

at 1-603-334-0700 for immigrant visas. For nonimmigrant visas, call 1-603-334-0888. Or, use the (CEAC). 

  • Đang chơi bàiAbroad: Contact the where you filed your application. 

  • Visa Denials

    U.S. consular officers have decision-making authority regarding nonimmigrant visa applications. , ask the consular officer to explain why. If your application was denied, you are for a visa, but can apply for a waiver instead.

    Đang chơi bài to find out if you can:

    • .

    • .

    Visa Renewals

    Đang chơi bàiYou must renew your visa at a abroad. Only holders and their dependents may renew them in the United States.

    Đang chơi bài on reporting and re-issuance of travel documents:

    • File a police report and get the number of the report and the officer's name. 
    • Request replacement of a lost/stolen arrival/departure record ().
    • Report the lost/stolen visa or Form I-94 to .
    • Report and apply for a replacement of your visa lost/stolen to the  abroad.

    Important Tip: Make a copy of your passport biographic page, U.S. visa and admission stamp or your I-94 admission number. 

    Share This Page:

    Do you have a question?

    Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.

    Last Updated: September 22, 2020