When to File
- As a taxpayer living outside the U.S., you are allowed a two-month extension.
Where to File
- If you’re living outside the U.S., you can mail your return or .
- Learn where to if you are expecting a refund or if you owe money to the IRS.
Where to Get Tax Preparation Help While Living Abroad
Taxpayer service is no longer available at foreign posts of duty. Instead, use the .
Find More Resources for Taxpayers Living Abroad
- Use the list of about international individual tax matters.
- Use the for general tax questions.
- If you owe money to the IRS but do not have a U.S. bank account to send a check, .
How to File
- You will need an individual taxpayer identification number (ITIN) or Social Security number (SSN). The IRS will issue an ITIN if a foreign national is not eligible for an SSN for tax reporting purposes.
- You can use to file a tax return.
- If you can’t file your return by the due date, .
More Tax Help for Nonresidents
- information between the U.S. and your country. In some cases, your taxable amount may be lower.
- including your liability for Social Security and Medicare taxes.
- Learn more from the .
Do you have a question?
Ask a real person any government-related question for free. They'll get you the answer or let you know where to find it.
Đang chơi bàiLast Updated: January 14, 2020